The Texas Accredited 商业 Specialist certification teaches you how to represent clients, 进行市场分析, 谈判, and understand property development and management. The TACS will also equip you with skills in marketing and business development. This certification shows that you’ve pursued an intensive course of study in commercial real estate and that you’re dedicated to providing the highest level of service to clients.
The Texas Accredited 商业 Specialist certification requires the completion of three 30-hour courses:
- TACS 1: Introduction to 商业 Real Estate. Topics include fundamentals of commercial real estate finance and economics
- TACS 2: 商业 Real Estate Property Development. Topics include commercial leasing, property development, and appraisal valuation methods
- TACS 3: 商业 Real Estate Marketing & 谈判. Topics include assessing the merits of investment property, 适当的合同格式和附录, and how to develop a self-aware business plan.
After successful completion of the three courses, candidates must provide the following:
- A letter from the agent’s broker verifying successful completion of two commercial real estate transactions since beginning TACS coursework (no minimum monetary requirement) and active participation in a CIE
- Two professional references—not the candidate’s broker—who can speak to the candidate’s commercial real estate professionalism and standard of practice.
Finally, the certification candidate must submit the Texas Accredited 商业 Specialist 认证程序 and a $50 application fee to Texas REALTORS®.
REALTORS® who have earned a CCIM or SIOR designation or who have five years of commercial experience and have successfully passed all three TACS end-of-course exams are eligible to apply for the TACS certification without completing TACS coursework. 通过考试获得学分，提交 认证程序. 请注意，考试费用为50美元. Applicants will be contacted to schedule exams and remit fees after their application has been processed.
The Texas REALTORS® tac奖学金 is for Black or African American Texas REALTORS® members with less than five years of experience in real estate. The scholarship aims to increase diversity in commercial real estate services by funding the scholarship recipient’s completion of the Texas Accredited 商业 Specialist (TACS) program.